- 31 Weeks
- Getting big enough that I can identify body parts. This is especially cool for me because I never had moments like this when I was pregnant with Lucas. I was laying in bed the other night and could feel his head, shoulders, and back. Naturally, I started poking them and having Angel feel them and my little guy started punching me every time that I poked him. I thought it was great, so I kept going and he kept rolling around away from me and kicking. It was my first opportunity to really annoy him and I took full advantage. I’m just getting him prepared for his brother and a dog- neither of whom understand personal space.
- Wondering why I thought another baby was a good idea.
- Only half kidding. I was looking for the old blog post when I was pregnant with Lucas and wondering if we made the right decision to have a baby because it’s never going to be just the two of us, life was about to change, and I wasn’t sure why we thought it was a good idea. I looked for the old post to link but I don’t have the patience to sift through them all so you’re going to have to take my word for it. Anyhow, I’m mentally at that point again. Convenient, since there is a strict “no return” policy that’s going to kick in any day now if we want to be realistic. Hopefully he’s going to stay in there longer, but I’m only a day or two shy of 32 weeks right now and babies born at 32 weeks are largely healthy. So here I am, wondering why we thought this was a good idea again because it’s never going to be just the three of us, life is about to change, and I’m not sure why we’re doing this.
- Expecting the outcome to be as awesome as it has been with Lucas, because obviously we want this baby it’s just the hormones talking.
Oh, the memories:
- I’m waking up now to go to the bathroom multiple times a night. Serves me right for boasting last week about how lucky I was in the sleep department. I can’t always go back to sleep right away anymore, either. Time to charge my kindle and pick out a few new books because I have a lot of down time laying in bed wondering how tired I’m going to be in the morning.
- I don’t recall losing my ability to move, bend, and get around being this limited. I probably was, but this is just another example of being quick to forget. And if I’m being honest, I hope that it is a second time as well. I’m uncomfortable.
This week, my life as a mom of boys really set in. I got in my car and it smelled like chlorine and feet, I purchased a stronger laundry stain remover, and I googled how to remove gasoline smell… And then I cried into my purse collection. I’m the lone (wo)man standing in this house. But you know the really cool thing about being the only woman in the house? My boys only have me as an example for how to treat women, I’m the mom, and nothing is more scary to a boy than his mother. They’re going to grow up thinking that all women are as great as I am and it’s my job to screw them up in my own specific way. They’re never going to know the difference.
In other news, the family spent some time together this weekend. We took Lucas to the zoo, which may be his new favorite thing.
He’s STILL talking about the animals. His favorite thing was probably the fact that a bird pooped on my car, but the memory is there from the zoo (sigh). He now informs me every time that we get into my chlorine and feet smelling car that it needs a bath because the bird pooped. Life was a touch easier before he had words.
Time to wake up the little monster, so here’s where I leave you. Everyone enjoy your weekend and think of me fondly when you bend over to pick something up off of the floor.